Based in Vienna, Austria
29 January, 2015
Yet It Moves is an award-winning puzzle platformer now available on iPhone and iPad! Rotating the world turns walls into floors, slides into platforms, and stacks of rocks into dangerous hazards. Navigate through a colorful paper collage world and unlock new levels by solving puzzles.
Six years after its initial release, we’re super proud to finally have brought And Yet It Moves to iOS. You know how some people say that publishers are bad for small game developers? Well, our very own studio was saved through a publishing deal. Last year, in the early summer of 2014, we were pretty much broke and about to close the studio for good. That’s when the Japanese publisher DeNA approached us to bring And Yet It Moves to iOS. Under different circumstances we would probably have politely declined as we already attempted to port the game to iOS with various partners since 2010, which sadly never worked out. But this time it was the right deal at the right moment! Together with DeNA we built the definitive version of our most successful game: perfect touch controls, retina-popping paper graphics and fresh new features like daily challenges with the ability to record and share your runs!
- RUN, JUMP, AND SPIN THE WORLD! – Solve every puzzle by running, jumping, and tilting the world around using intuitive touch control.
- 2D PLATFORMER TURNED UPSIDE DOWN! – You’ve never seen a platformer like this before! Rotate the world to avoid obstacles and squeeze through tight spaces but don’t fall too far!
- EXPLORE COLORFUL WORLDS! – A multitude of vivid paper collage levels in four different environments are waiting to be explored.
- DAILY RUN LEADERBOARDS! – Compete against your friends every day to see who has the fastest times running through challenging levels.
- HIT GAME NOW ON MOBILE! – Available on iPhone and iPad for the first time.
Logo & Icon
- "a must have gaming experience."
- Trevor Sheridan, applenapps.com
- "Ingenious in every aspect of its design [...] will earn a permanent place on your home screen"
- Spanner Spencer, pocketgamer
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Available for free on SoundCloud soundcloud.com.
About Broken Rules
Broken Rules is an independent game studio based in Vienna, Austria. We make downloadable games with refined game mechanics.
More information on Broken Rules, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Yet It Moves Credits
Felix Bohatsch, Broken Rules
Game Design, Project Lead, Marketing, iOS Port
Jan Hackl, Broken Rules
Game Design, Visual Lead, iOS Port
Peter Vorlaufer, Broken Rules
Game Design, Programming Lead, iOS Port
Martin Pichlmair, Broken Rules
iOS Port, Marketing
Clemens Scott, Broken Rules
Game Design, Sound Design & Music
Character Design & Animation
Additional Textures (Trip)
Additional Textures (Jungle)