Based in Vienna, Austria
You, a mysterious winged being, find yourself alone in the mountains of the Alps. Discover strange contraptions, wild animals and the mysteries of an ancient culture. Uncover the Secrets of Rætikon. Secrets of Rætikon is an atmospheric, open-world 2D game in which you fly like a bird and explore an uncharted world.
Broken Rules has worked on Secrets of Raetikon since early 2011. Starting off from the idea of simulating the dream of flight we created numerous prototypes. This game plays in the same world as Chasing Aurora but it is a unique single player experience.
- Single player campaign
- A living, breathing world where everything is alive and physical
- An emergent ecosystem influenced by your actions
- An epic story told in Raetic runes
- Huge animal kings and ancient contraptions
- Play creatively and solve puzzles the way you want
- Full game editable via the built-in level editor
Secrets of Raetikon Release Trailer YouTube
Secrets of Raetikon Teaser YouTube
Secrets of Raetikon Open Alpha YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Brazils's Independent Games Festival Art Finalist" 2014
- "BAFTA Inside Games Arcade" 2014
- "SXSW Gamers' Voice Award Nominee" 2014
- "AMAZE Indie Games Award Shortlist" 2014
- "GamerCamp Official Selection" 2013
- "Minecon Indies Selection" 2013
- "Content Award Nomination" 2013
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Check out Secrets of Raetikon's Facebook page facebook.com.
About Broken Rules
Broken Rules is an independent game studio based in Vienna, Austria. We make downloadable games with refined game mechanics.
More information on Broken Rules, our logo & relevant media are available here.
SECRETS OF RAETIKON Credits
Production, A.I., Development & Game Design
Music & Sound
Game Design, A.I., Development & Sound Design
Development, Linux Port & Ginkgo Engine
Story, Game Design, Tools, Development, Level Design & Marketing
Art, Game Design & Level Design
Game Director, Development & Ginkgo Engine