Based in Vienna, Austria
Chasing Aurora is the first game in a series of 2D aerial action games about the dream of flight. Ride the wind from peak to peak. Fight for Aurora's Gem in the hostile environment of the Alps. Fly your bird to victory in this multiplayer action game. Chasing Aurora is available for Wii U right now.
Chasing Aurora started out as a bird-flying racing game, prototyped in late 2010. By spring 2011, Broken Rules managed to receive public funding from the city of Vienna for developing a three-part series of games set in the Alps. Soon afterwards, a first multi-player prototype based on the children’s game of "tag" was implemented. The multi-player mode was supplemented by a single player campaign, and racing made place for exploration and brawling. We also developed the story arc at that time. The game was developed with Ginkgo, Broken Rules' in-house game engine. In mid 2011 Broken Rules received the offer to bring the game to the recently announced, new Nintendo console as a launch title. An offer, impossible to resist. Thus we started working on a Wii U-specific multi-player-heavy game. With a great deal of magic and dedication, we've managed to release Chasing Aurora as a launch title for Nintendo Wii U.
- Three different multiplayer game modes based on classic children's games.
- A single player mode that is a race against the clock.
- Unique physics-based flight inspired by the age-old dream of human aviation.
- A fresh and mysterious world to explore.
- Outstanding 2D vector- and pixel-based art style right in the middle between origami and pop-up book.
- Original sound track composed by and performed on Alpine instruments by Christof Dienz.
Chasing Aurora Release Trailer YouTube
Chasing Aurora: Introducing Trail Challenge YouTube
Chasing Aurora: Introducing Hide and Seek YouTube
Chasing Aurora: Introducing Freeze Tag YouTube
10 Seconds of Chasing Aurora Multiplayer Gameplay YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "AMAZE Indie Games Award Nominee" 2012
- "Lunarcade Shanghai" 2011
Check out Chasing Aurora's Facebook page facebook.com.
Follow Chasing Aurora on Twitter twitter.com.
About Broken Rules
Broken Rules is an independent game studio based in Vienna, Austria. We make downloadable games with refined game mechanics.
More information on Broken Rules, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Chasing Aurora Credits
Music & Sound
Game Design, A.I. & Sound Design
Production, Development & Marketing
Art & Level Design
Game Design & Development
Level Design & Additional Art