Based in Vienna, Austria
April 2, 2009
And Yet It Moves is an award-winning physics-based platform game in which players rotate the game world at will to solve challenging puzzles. Tilting the world turns walls into floors, slides into platforms, and stacks of rocks into dangerous hazards. Players navigate through a paper collage world created with colorful pieces of cardboard and set to distinctive music. With four different environments and unlockable modes, And Yet It Moves is a platformer that will provide gamers with endless challenges.
And Yet It Moves was conceived as a game concept for a computer science course, held by the Department for Design and Assessment of Technology at the Vienna University of Technology. Thanks to the wisdom of the supervisors to enforce a restriction to 2D gameplay, the team focused on giving the player more control and abilities within the scope of a traditional 2D platformer. The prototype for And Yet It Moves was a 2007 Independent Games Festival Student Showcase Winner and a 2007 EUROPRIX Top Talent Award Nominee. It was additionally included in the 2007 Independent Games Showcase at E3, is an IndieCade Finalist and was shown at IndieCade @ Open Satellite 2008. The prototype has also made its way into the Australian Center for Moving Images in Melbourne, where it was shown in the 2007 Best of Independent Games Festival exhibition. Due to the interest in the prototype, Broken Rules decided to build a full version of the game.
- Advanced Platforming: Players run, jump and must rotate the world to solve puzzles.
- A living world: Creatures such as bats, bees and monkeys populate the game world and react to ever- changing gravity.
- Diversified Levels In Four Different Environments: Mind- bending puzzles set in an extraordinary paper collage world created with colored cardboard, brought to life with handmade sounds and music.
- Speed Run mode: You can compete against the clock on each level or with marathon runs throughout the entire environment.
WiiWare Release Trailer YouTube
WiiWare Teaser Video YouTube
PC Release Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for And Yet It Moves. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieCade finalist" 2008
- "Independent Games Festival Student Showcase winner" 2007
- "Independent Games Showcase at E3" 2007
- "EUROPRIX Top Talent Award Nominee" 2007
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Available for free on SoundCloud soundcloud.com.
About Broken Rules
Broken Rules is an independent game studio based in Vienna, Austria. We make downloadable games with refined game mechanics.
More information on Broken Rules, our logo & relevant media are available here.
And Yet It Moves Credits
Felix Bohatsch, Broken Rules
Game Design, Project Lead
Jan Hackl, Broken Rules
Game Design, Visual Lead
Peter Vorlaufer, Broken Rules
Game Design, Programming Lead
Game Design, Sound Design & Music
Character Design & Animation
Additional Textures (Trip)
Additional Textures (Jungle)
June C. Oka,
Mary R. Vogt,
Danny de Bruyne,